Subject: [Leica] New Gallery: Goslar - a wide-angle walk around the ancient city
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 10:14:25 -0800

The houses getting wider at the top was also a
way to maximise floor area without squeezing out
the streets. Everyone wanted to live as close as
possible to the center of towns because most
traffic was on foot and living outside the town
walls was dangerous.

Thanks for the show, Douglas. I've been to Go?lar
a couple of times. It's a prime example of a town
that was wealthy long ago, and then fell off the
economic map in later times, when other towns
were booming and 'redevelopment' got rid of a lot
of the older buildings. Now Go?lar is doing well
again, but the old buildings are appreciated.

My father's parents, who lived in Hamburg often
went to Go?lar for a short vacation. I have some
photos my grandfather took in the 20's in Go?lar.

--

    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
  /###\   mailto:henningw at archiphoto.com