Subject: [Leica] Leica M9 and 18/3.8 Lens
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&ECummer)
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 10:26:44 +0800

> Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 17:56:41 -0700
> From: Greg Lorenzo <gregj_lorenzo at hotmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [Leica] IMG: Seattle Museum of Flight - Leica M9 and
>       18/3.8 Lens
> To: Leica Users Group LUG <lug at leica-users.org>
> Bob Adler writes:
>> Great dynamic range and, from what I can see, very little
>> perspective distortion at the edges. Did you do any perspective
>> correction?
>
> Bob,
>
> Image has not been adjusted except for color, levels and contrast in
> Photoshop. The M9 was set for "standard sharpening".
>
> I think Leica hit a home run with this lens.
>
> Greg Lorenzo
>
> Calgary, Canada

Hi Greg,
I agree - I have sold my CV 15mm and CV 12mm and bought the 18/3.8. It
is one of the reasons I will eventually get an M9.
In the meantime the lens on the M8 is a wonderfully well corrected
23.4mm. Don't have the special expensive IR cut filter
for it yet, however and am wondering whether I should bother given I
plan to get an M9 eventually.
Great photos of the main hall at the Museum of Flight BTW. Shows what
the lens is capable of.
Cheers
Howard

Replies: Reply from gregj_lorenzo at hotmail.com (Greg Lorenzo) ([Leica] Leica M9 and 18/3.8 Lens)