Subject: [Leica] M9 reviewers drawn from the "unwashed masses"
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 19:06:50 -0500

> That's what I did when I used R lenses on my Canon 5D, and I didn't find it
> a problem either.
>
> However, I'm not 'everyman', presumably auto diaphragm lenses caught on for
> a reason. It's easy for us to decide what we need or don't need, Leica have
> to see a broader picture.
>
> Steve

The people that have the most problem on this list with the Leitax adaptors
on the Canon and Nikons are the ones who've not used them.

>From all I've heard about stop down metering lenes that happened right
before me; I got going in the late 60s in my photography that's when I got
my darkroom and Voigtl?nder.
And when that technology changed most those guys didn't find it that big a
deal. Many of them kept using their non auto aperture stuff for years.
My strong feeling and Dave's posts are crucial as he's using it every day to
make pictures is that its way doable. Just a tad less than ideal but no
biggie.

Mark - I don't need auto aperture I AM auto aperture -  Rabiner

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] M9 reviewers drawn from the "unwashed masses")