Subject: [Leica] Hexanon 50mm/1.2 (from Limited set) against 50mm Summilux pre-ASPH E46...?
From: alex at zabrovsky.org (alex at zabrovsky.org)
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 09:31:42 -0500

I'm considering expanding my low-light capabilities by some good fast
(under f/2) 50mm lens. Right now I have an offer for Hexanon 50mm/1.2
from a Limited set (as sold once with Hexar RF Limited) for around
1700-1800 US$.
50mm ASPH Lux according to its current market value (used, of course)
is way out of my reach, however 50mm Lux pre-ASPH E46 is also on my
list as a contender for my money. I mean E46 version with 0.7m close
focusing ability.

So, what would be a common wisdom regarding the choice of that Hexanon
againts Lux pre-ASPH E46 ?
I know Hexanon is a larger one physically and may block probably some
20% of the view through my 0.85 M7, but is some third stop faster
(probably not issue between 1.4 and 1.2 though). On the other hand,
Lux appears to be slimmer (on pictures, never held one in my hands
yet) probably leaving clear viewfinder view.

But what about their comparative performance ?

What would be fair price ballpark for a used good copy of 50mm Lux
pre-ASPH E46 ?

Thanks, Alex

Replies: Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] Hexanon 50mm/1.2 (from Limited set) against 50mm Summilux pre-ASPH E46...?)
Reply from msadat at gmail.com (mehrdad) ([Leica] Hexanon 50mm/1.2 (from Limited set) against 50mm Summilux pre-ASPH E46...?)