Subject: [Leica] Brant ô me, France - a slideshow
From: lug at steveunsworth.co.uk (Steve Unsworth)
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 10:57:54 +0000

Peter

The crucifixion was carved unto the stone. There's a soft stone overhanging
cliff on one bank of the river and that's been used for habitation for
thousands of years. The stone has been hollowed out and carved to give the
scenes you can see in the video. It's a fascinating place and well worth the
couple of Euros it costs to visit. It's just behind the large building you
can see in the opening of the video.

There are also several shops in the town that have been created by
tunnelling into the stone cliff face.

Steve