Subject: [Leica] Do you still have your first camera?
From: tcharara at mac.com (Tarek Charara)
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 01:03:41 +0100

My first "real" camera was a Paraktica L with a Domiplan 50/2.8... I
was 14 when my grandparents gave me this camera as a christmas
present. I remember it costing 199,00 DM. I was so happy about that
present that I fainted... :-)
It broke relatively fast and I borrowed a Foca for some time. The
Foca was a french rangefinder camera:

<http://www.foca-collection.fr/>

The Foca is still somewhere at my parent's place, but I have no idea
where.

I sold my first print for 25 French Francs in 1977. It was made with
the (repaired) Praktica L. I was 16 then.

All the best from the south of France!

Tarek

Tarek Charara
<http://www.pix-that-stimulate.com>