Subject: [Leica] Do you still have your first camera? Because I have an idea.
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2009 16:53:46 -0500

> Kyle Cassidy wrote:
>
>> I still have my first camera. It's a Petri 7s rangefinder and it's on my
>> bookshelf looking down
>> at me right now.
>>
>> I think that some of you probably do as well.
>>

> I have a camera identical to my first camera (in its final form).  Does
> that
> count?
>
> A Nikon F Photomic that ended up as an FTn.  The one I have now was my
> brother's first camera.
>
> Doug Herr
> Birdman of Sacramento
> http://www.wildlightphoto.com

I still have my Voigtl?nder Vito BL, Color-Skopar 1:2,8/50, Prontor SVS
shutter
http://www.pbase.com/cendres/image/87098035
http://www.enter-net.de/auktion/photo/vitobl.htm#Near
I got it in 1965 when I was 14

My grandfather gave it to my dad and he gave it to me when he got his
Contarex bulls eye.
I used it for 7 years till I got my Nikon F2.
I shot this with it
http://rabinergroup.com/ImagePages/Motherchildindoorpage.html
Lead poisoning victims.
I was going door to door with a Social Worker on the south side of Chicago
in 1968.

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry) ([Leica] Do you still have your first camera? Because I have an idea.)