Subject: [Leica] Lens Advice
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 23:51:47 -0500 (EST)

Aram Langhans wrote:

>Hmm.  Most of what I read says the Pre-IF was not as sharp as the IF
>version.  Who knows....  Maybe a issue with samples.  Of course, our Leica
>stuff is very consistent sample to sample.
>
>Any idea about the Olympus equivalent lens?

The pre-IF non-ED was not as sharp.  The pre-IF ED is much better.

The Olympus is a good lens, IIRC it's not an IF lens so minimum focus
distance is about 13'.  The focussing action is a little smoother than the
non-IF Nikkors.

Here are Bj?rn R?rslett evaluations of the various Nikon lenses:

http://www.naturfotograf.com/index2.html

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com