Subject: [Leica] Sic transit gloria darkroom
From: lrzeitlin at gmail.com (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 17:36:52 -0500

Excuse the random keystroke that sent my last message before I finished it.
Photographic opinions have certainly changed.

Larry Z

- - - - - -

At 03:09 PM 11/5/2009, you wrote:

I'm glad digital came along when it finally did, although it was 45

years too late for what it could of done during my career.

Dr. ted

I agree totally, Ted, and the bottom line is - if darkroom processing

yielded a better result, even with the possibility of chemical

poisoning, I would still be doing darkroom processing today; however,

I get better results from lightroom and digital printing than I could

ever get in the darkroom.  There might be some professional darkroom

aficionados who would disagree and could eek better results from a

file in the darkroom, but I'm sure if Ansel Adams were alive today he

would be printing totally digitally in the lightroom.  There is a lot

of nostalgia and elitism connected with darkroom work that I'm not

sure is fully deserved.

Tina

Replies: Reply from ricc at embarqmail.com (Ric Carter) ([Leica] Sic transit gloria darkroom)