Subject: [Leica] Why the mad rush to use Canon or Nikon bodies?
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2009 14:31:22 -0500

At 02:11 PM 11/4/2009, you wrote:
>Dante - amazing prose. For me, I miss the smell of fixer from my long
>gone darkroom apron. I've even considered getting one again, properly
>soaked and dried with exhausted fixer, to wear as I sit down in front
>of my iMac to create new B&W images in Aperture and Nik Silver Efex
>Pro. Smell is an amazing sense with strong emotions stored in our
>neurons.  As crazy as it sounds, I certainly miss it.
>
>Richard Clompus

You're lucky that smell didn't cause health problems!  I was so glad
to give up the deadly fumes that caused splitting headaches.  I'm
sure when film debuted, there were photographers who were nostalgic
about coating glass plates!  Not me.  I love my lightroom with its
smells that I choose!

Tina

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com