Subject: [Leica] Gallery doesn't handle scanned slides—HELP!
From: hlritter at bex.net (Howard Ritter)
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 19:02:10 -0500

I'm scanning slides with both a Nikon Coolscan 5000 and an Epson V750.
Both are set to produce TIFFs with sRGB color profiles, some of which
I want convert to JPEG (in PS, PSE, Aperture, or Mac's Preview, I've
tried them all) for uploading to the Gallery. Something is happening
that the Gallery doesn't like, however. The Album and Item thumbnails
appear, sometimes slowly, but clicking on the Item thumbnail, which
should produce a larger version of the photo in the same window,
causes a new browser window to open with the URL of the Item, and the
window remains blank. I have verified by looking at the file
attributes that they are indeed JPEGs with sRGB profiles. Files that I
have uploaded to the computer directly from the camera, PS'ed or not,
have the same attributes, and they work fine when then uploaded to the
Gallery.

Someone on the list must be scanning slides with these machines and
uploading them to the Gallery successfully. Let me hear from you, or
from anyone else with some insight.

Thanks to all,

?howard

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] Gallery doesn't handle scanned slides—HELP!)