Subject: [Leica] IMG: Birds
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 22:20:40 -0400

At 11:13 PM 10/31/2009, you wrote:
>Tina,
>Nice shots. I was not aware that Helmeted Guineafowl were found in South
>Carolina! Are they domesticated? If so what for? Here is one from Samburu in
>Kenya:
>
>http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Kenya/20090922_061908_01Samburu.jpg.html
>
>Cheers
>Jayanand

Hi, Jayanand -

Yes, they are domesticated here.  Some people raise them for meat,
some for eggs.  We raise them because we like birds ;-)   They make
good watch birds because anytime anything is the least bit strange or
out of the ordinary, they raise a ruckus with lots of loud squawking
and screeching.  Nobody would dare try to sneak on our property!

Tina

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com

Message from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] IMG: Birds)