Subject: [Leica] M9 improvements
From: sethrosner at nycap.rr.com (Seth Rosner)
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 14:31:45 -0400

Now that you've got it all out, Frank, how about some common sense?

Leica's market is very, very small. Their product planners have to plan
everything based on an assessment of how many units they can sell at what
price point. They cannot do everything for every Leica user who prefers this
or that VF. When they said they couldn't make a full-frame sensor M camera,
they couldn't. Why? Because leica doesn't manufacture sensors and Kodak had
only developed the 3x4 sensor or whatever they call it. The M9 became
do-able because a larger sensor became available. You prefer an M3 VF; I
much preferred my M4 VF. I think it likely that Leica figured they7 couldn't
sell enough of both. In fact, I'm willing to bet you that the reason Leica
chose not to make a higher mag VF is that most M-users think of the 35mm
lens as their normal lens, eh? Maybe you're in a small minority of users who
want a high-mag VF. Small demand, can't do.

just my 2c.

Love and kisses,

seth