Subject: [Leica] Re Modular Leica - an indignant reply
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 17:14:43 +0000

In my opinion it is unreasonable to expect a tiny Leica to contain
replaceable modules, and all the bulk of the mountings and connectors
this implies when huge cameras such as the Canon and Nikon FF cameras
do not have this capability. I would expect it to increase the size
weight and cost substantially (though not to B52 or Hubble telescope
levels).
The biggest single attraction of my M9 to me is the size and weight,
so a bigger heavier upgradeable camera would not have me for a customer.
FD