Subject: [Leica] Scotch sampler
From: lrzeitlin at aol.com (lrzeitlin at aol.com)
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 12:55:05 -0400

David writes:
"If you're ever in Portland, OR stop by the train depot and visit Wilf's
Restaurant & Bar. Last time I was in there they offered an excellent
Scotch sampler. You can judge which is best as you watch the Willamette
River flow by."
- - - - -
One of the pleasures of living in the UK is that they are far less
puritanical about alcohol than we are in the USA. Television had wine
tasting programs several times a week with the proposed wine menu
posted in advance so you could buy the bottles and taste along with the
hosts. In Bangor our local Tesco supermarket had a city block long
shopping aisle of wines, beers, and whiskeys. It hosted scotch tastings
monthly. You could walk down the aisle, sampling a sip of each bottle.
By the time you got to the end, you were drunk enough to order a case.
Perhaps that was the idea.
Larry Z