Subject: [Leica] LCD Protector for M9
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 03:34:19 -0400

> If there is no M10 within the next decade then it means that Leica
> Camera AG has gone bankrupt and been liquidated.
>
> Nathan

How often to we need a new M?
How often have we got one?
M3 1954-1966
M2 1958-1967
M4 1967-1975
M5 1971-1975
M4-2 1978-1980
M4-P 1981-1987
M6  Classic 1984-1998
M6 TTL  1998-2002
M7  2002-
MP 2003
Leica M8 2006
Leica M9 2009

That's 12 but 3 are tweaks so lets say 9
That's one about every  6 years for 55 years

I can see them coming out with the m9-5 which recognizes your F stops.
I can see one with the selenium blue sensor which shoots around corners -
has a IR switch and has not been invented yet. The M9-6

The M7 was a culmination and perfection of  86 years of Leica. The M9 is the
digital version of that. I could shoot with one for 20 years I cant imagine
ever wanting anything more.
Although I just might want the 12MP version with the higher ISO's. And maybe
cheaper price tag.

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] LCD Protector for M9)