Subject: [Leica] Hyannis Meet 2009
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard Taylor)
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 22:11:19 -0400

This is probably a bit old hat by now but I did want to post a few
shots from  the Hyannis Meet and pass on a couple of comments.  It's
been a really busy week and this is the first opportunity I've had to
get back to my pictures.  The photos are posted here:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/rtaylor/PICKS/hyannis_2009/

I've added names and photo data as best as could remember it.  There
is a mix of M9 and Panasonic G-1 shots with various Leica lenses.
You'll be able to tell the M9 shots just by looking at them even, I
think.  The Leica lenses on the G-1 look awfully good but the M9 shots
have a special look about them, I think.  The EXIF data will reveal
all if for some reason you can't pick them out in these small pix.

As always the meet was a great 3-day party with lots of terrific
conversation, wonderful food and drink, and at times absolutely
hilarious fun.  Thanks again to Carl and Armenne for doing such a
great job of hosting it.  I'm already looking forward to next year.

I had the M9 for only a couple of hours but my initial reaction to it
was so totally positive that GAS started to kick in, but I fear it's
going to have to wait a while.  The camera was totally familiar from
the moment I picked it up and I was sad I had to give it back so
soon.  If I was a pro and needed it for work, I'd have one on order now.

I do have a few more keepers from it, BTW, and will post them when I
can.

I had at least a half-dozen people ask me about the G-1 over the
weekend.  People were so interested in the camera and in using Leica
lenses on it, that I wished I owned a Panasonic camera franchise.
I'll bet I could have sold six cameras on the spot.  All of them
wanted either to try the camera with one of my lenses or put their own
lenses on it.  That's why the shot of Ed & Ted is marked "Lens
Unknown."  It might even been taken with a Noctilux since that was one
to the lenses one of the guys wanted to try that morning.

That picture also points up a problem I have with the G-1 from time to
time, BTW.  It was shot at ISO 1600 and -1 EV because my fingers had
hit some button or another accidentally.  Y'a gotta' watch where  your
thumbs land when handling the camera.  :-)

C&C welcome, as always.

Regards,

Dick