Subject: [Leica] iso 100.000+??
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (wildlightphoto at earthlink.net)
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 11:20:14 -0400

Jayanand Govindaraj wrote:

Actually I have made the comparision - between your prints, which I
have a few and John Shaw (Nikon and 200-400, 500) and Art Wolfe (Canon
and 400, 600), and for the life of me I cannot make out ANY difference
in prints upto 13"x19" or thereabouts. I made these observations after
looking at prints which I have purchased from all of you and own and
not off the top of my head. That is a tremendous feather in Leica's
cap - but it also means that the others have caught up.
<<<

This is not the comparison I had in mind and there are a lot of variables
in printing skills involved too.  None of the prints of mine that you've
seen represent the DMR and 280 APO at their best; the jackrabbit and
ferruginous hawk come pretty close.

In my field conditions, working the way I do, with my subjects, some
equipment will enable the photos I want to make, some will not.  I've used,
tested and compared numerous brands and models and have found what works
for me.  That's not a brand fetish.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

myhosting.com - Premium Microsoft? Windows? and Linux web and application