Subject: [Leica] My wife, the "NASCAR Driver"
From: ken at iisaka.com (Ken Iisaka)
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 13:20:12 -0700

I'm glad she survived the incidence.  It mist have been really scary.
Looking at the wear pattern on the right tire though, it was underinflated.
 Look how the tread is worn out on the shoulder?  That causes the dreaded
tread separation in any and all tires, because all the materials have worn
away at the shoulder.  That's what happened to some Ford Exploders.

It wasn't that Firestone tires were worse than others: there were a lot more
of them, and the manufacturer didn't bother changing the recommended tire
pressure for a vehicle that's 1000lb heavier than the pick up truck on which
it was based.