Subject: [Leica] Easy decisions for M9 or not
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 07:40:17 -0500

On Sun, Oct 18, 2009 at 1:10 AM, Richard Man <richard.lists at
gmail.com>wrote:

> The decision between (keeping) an M8 vs. an M9 is actually quite
> simple. It comes down to
>
> - Money factor: can you get an M9 even if you eat nothing but Ramen
> noodles for a year?

I could do that, though I'd probably get all the various flavours, like the
grad students do at the University.

- Comfort factor: are you comfortable "wearing" a $7K camera + $XK
> lens on your neck?

That has never been a problem, I see it as a camera; after I got over
breaking my $100 camera in high school, which might have well been a $7k, I
was over all that.

> - Heart factor: do you want an M9 or is it a "rational" decision?

If I get one, it will be a measured decision. I will know that it is
something that can improve my photography.

> - Head factor: if you are going to be rational about it, then
> == Do you need 18 Megapixel?

No

> == Do you need one stop better ISO?

Yes, I miss that about film

> == Do you shoot wide a lot?

Yes, and sometimes I use a film camera to take advantage of my 15mm or 21mm
lens.

> See how easy it is?

Only problem is I have a kid in University. I should have thought about
wanting an M9 20 years ago. ;-)

--
Regards,

Sonny