Subject: [Leica] thousands of street photographers undeveloped negatives found after her death
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 13:26:53 -0400 (EDT)

Jim Shulman wrote:

>This is precisely why I fear the passing of film: can you imagine anyone
>finding these as digital images in a storage locker?  Perhaps as a stack of
>ROMs (good luck playing them thirty or forty years after being burned) or an
>old computer's hard drive (and good luck booting it up thirty or forty years
>in the future.)

OTOH I've distributed master copies of my digital images to several
responsible (and tech-savvy) family members who live in widely separated
parts of the planet.  I can't do that with my film images.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

Replies: Reply from h_arche at yahoo.com (H. Ball Arche) ([Leica] thousands of street photographers undeveloped negatives found after her death)