Subject: [Leica] 21mm Bokeh
From: shino at panix.com (Rei Shinozuka)
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 22:56:15 -0400

I thought I sent this, but I didn't see it come back from listserv.
at the risk of resubmitting, here it is again.

The 21 lux has become one of my favorite lenses and doesn't have
the harshness I was worried about.

I've owned the 21 and 28 elmarits, and with these lenses, I always
assumed I'd always have lots of DOF, so I never really thought about
it.  With the 21 'Lux, DOF becomes a parameter you can use.

This is from September, rationale: what would this scene look like with
a shallow DOF?

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/shino/album_002/L8664826.JPG.html

And one from "the field" in September in Washington DC:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/shino/album/xL8664165.jpg.html

21 'Lux @ 1.4, M8

-rei