Subject: [Leica] Panasonic GF1
From: clive.moss at gmail.com (Clive Moss)
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 17:17:15 -0500

A few weeks ago I thought that the GF1 looked interesting. I placed a
preship order on Amazon for the kit with the 20mm f1.7 just to get in line,
thinking that I would cancel as the time gets closer. Amazon usually send a
"will ship soon" message as the time nears. Having waited 9 months for for
an 18-200 Nikon  a while ago, I did not want to go through the same kind of
wait again and I wanted something small and light, but with a semi
respectable size sensor.
So, Amazon sent me a shipping notice last week with no prior warning, and I
got my hands on it on Sunday.

First impressions:

   - Feels great
   - Initial snaps look good, needs a real vieewfinder
   - Instruction Manual is about the worst I have ever seen - but it does
   come in four languages

Now that I am beginning to get out from under the backlog of things that
should have been done over the summer but were not, I should be able to
exercise it more.

A Leica M adapter and 40mm viewfinder are on their way from Cameraquest.

--
Clive
Blog:  http://clive.moss.net/blog

Replies: Reply from abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] Panasonic GF1)