Subject: [Leica] Zeiss Normal 50mm f/2 Planar T* ZM
From: richard.lists at gmail.com (Richard Man)
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 18:11:40 -0700

On Thu, Oct 8, 2009 at 5:41 PM, Mark Rabiner <mark at rabinergroup.com>
wrote:

> That's terrific I've never heard of him I'm sure he's great lets see how
> many of the Magnum guys spend 7 grand on an M9 and then save money on cheap
> glass in front of it.

There are a number of very good street photographers out there. Magnum
quality? Not for me to judge. As for his pictures, many people think
they are pretty good http://www.jbuhler.com/, judge for yourself.

Anycase, we all may think Leica is the bee's knees, but the
counter-question to yours is "How many Magnum photographers will shell
out for the M9, and more importantly, be shooting with it after 6
months?"

We would like to think there will be a mass exodus from Canikon to
Leica. I would, but I am not a Magnum guy.

--
// richard m: richard @imagecraft.com
// w: http://www.imagecraft.com/pub/Portfolio09/ blog:

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Zeiss Normal 50mm f/2 Planar T* ZM)