Subject: [Leica] IMG: American Dipper
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 22:33:53 -0400 (EDT)

Jim Nichols wrote:

>After enjoying the great photo, I went back to your "technical stuff"
>because I was curious about your shutter speed.  At 1/60 sec, the water
>looks great.  The stock and monopod sure must help keep everything steady.
>

> I wrote:
>> http://wildlightphoto.com/birds/cinclidae/amdi01.html

It's not as sharp as I'd have liked (OK so the 280 APO has spoiled me) but
the shoulder stock and monopod make a huge difference.  Lurking LUGger
Forrest Herr should have a photo of the 560/shoulder stock/monopod and its
operator in the midst of the Dipper's photo session.

The water is something the 560 does.  I *** LOVE *** what this lens does to
OOF water ripples.

Thank for looking, and for your kind remarks.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com