Subject: [Leica] Never be without a camera
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&ECummer)
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 08:59:24 +0800

Hi Luggers,
I was on my way to the barber shop today to get a haircut so I would
look my best for the LHSA meeting in Seattle starting tomorrow and I
had my trusty M8 with me with the Konica Dual 21mm - 35mm mounted. In
front of the Georgia Hotel I came upon a fire engine and a burning car:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Summer+2009+Canada/CarFire1w.jpg.html
http://tinyurl.com/yaj45av

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Summer+2009+Canada/Carfirehoodw.jpg.html
http://tinyurl.com/yaxqyse

Here is the unlucky owner giving her details to the fire department. I
overheard that she just got the car back from servicing and was
planning to trade it in. Now she doesn't have to.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Summer+2009+Canada/Unluckyownerw.jpg.html
http://tinyurl.com/ybgu8sz

On the way home after the haircut I stopped in at Leo's Camera on
Granville Street and popped an SD card in their demo M9, bolted on the
21 - 35 Konica and shot some pictures at ISO 2500 - I wanted to see
the noise levels for myself. I noted there are now two settings for
fluorescent lights. I would judge the M9 is about one stop better in
noise performance than the M8 - it's not Nikon D700 country by any
stretch but it is quite a bit better than before.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Summer+2009+Canada/LeoM9ISO2500DualHex21w.jpg.html
http://tinyurl.com/y9fbsrl

I guess I'm going to have to buy one. Fortunately I sold enough model
train stuff on Ebay over the summer to cover the purchase price.
So now I only have to wait until the price stabilizes in Hong Kong,
and the bugs, if there are any, are worked out.

See some of you in Seattle,
Cheers
Howard

Replies: Reply from shino at panix.com (Rei Shinozuka) ([Leica] Never be without a camera)