Subject: [Leica] man...
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2009 08:40:26 -0700

Steve Barbour showed:

>I visited the Sacramento workshop/studio of a fine, young sculptor
> trained classically in Italy...
>
> He is doing marvelous work. He and his father did the firefighters
> memorial, in front of the Caifornia  State Capitol Building, in the
> park here in Sacramento.
>
> I will be shooting more of his work, and did a dozen shots today to
> get a feeling for shooting there...
>
> I rather liked this result of a small piece he had there...
>> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/barbour/PAW+2009/man.jpg.html<<<<<<<<<

Hi Steve,
Sounds like a very interesting subject to work on. At least no worries about
model releases! ;-) Or medical rules and regulations and twit bitchers! :-)

Looks like a nice start. Question? Would there be a bit of advantage to
lighten the front shadow side slightly to illustrate more body tones and
shape? Or is this just my screen?

This is a very fine concept when you have the artist on your side allowing
you to shoot fine photographs of his proudly created art works.

Have fun and  enjoy the piece an quiet! :-)
ted

Replies: Reply from steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] man...)