Subject: [Leica] : Re: How to get an S2 grant for Doug Herr?
From: stasys1 at cox.net (Stasys Petravicius)
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 06:35:14 -0700

Frank/Doug- How about applying for a "Genius" MacArthur award?  The LA
Times today has a piece on 24 recipients for this year. One is a
photojournalist- Lindsey Addario 35, in Istanbul documenting
humanitarian crises.  There was a piece in a recent NY Times article
about a crises in northern Australia where a certain kind of non native
poisonous toad is killing off other animals which devour them. There
are millions of these toads causing a whoesale loss of native animals.
Also, there was mention of a feral cat crises in western Australia.
Doug could switch from bird to toad and cat photography. The MacArthur
grant is worth $500K over 5 years. Just a thought, Stasys