Subject: [Leica] so what can we do doctor ?
From: steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour)
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 16:14:15 -0700

On Sep 18, 2009, at 3:27 PM, Tina Manley wrote:

> At 05:50 PM 9/18/2009, you wrote:
>> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/barbour/PAW+2009/mrsk.jpg.html
>>
>> Steve
>
> Perfect again!
>
> Just curious - how do you get around HIPAA rules?  Most hospitals
> and doctors' offices are paranoid about that these days and won't
> allow a camera anywhere near a patient.  I know you're the doctor so
> maybe you rule? ;-)

as a doctor I knew all about HIPAA...and for my photos got all sorts
of permissions, lawyers, signed permits etc, followed all the rules...

in spite of that Tina, there is always the threat of do-gooders who
assume wrong doing....

so one bit of advice...re HIPAA...don't get into the water unless you
are ready to swim with the sharks,

thanks Tina for looking, reacting, and your very good question,

and good luck,

Steve