Subject: [Leica] IMGs: about that M8 in the rain
From: steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour)
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 21:38:33 -0700

On Sep 17, 2009, at 9:34 PM, Doug Herr wrote:

> Steve Barbour wrote:
>
>> I was thinking of a camera at ambient temperature, being carried from
>> a warm place to a cold place...as above, or is it the opposite?
>
> Taking a camera at ambient temperature from a warm place to a cold
> place should be no problem.  When the warm camera encounters cold
> air it transfers some of its heat to the air and the air then has
> greater capacity for carrying water vapor, so there's no danger of
> condensation.

what is recall, in Phoenix I guess, was being in an air conditioned
car with sunglasses, getting out of the car and having so much
condensation quickly form on the glasses that I could not see...

can that happen with a camera, I guess it can, why not ?

so sudden cold to warm temp change and humidity change...

Steve