Subject: [Leica] Leica prices
From: dnygr at cshore.com (Douglas Nygren)
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 08:10:04 -0400

While some feel that Leica's asking price for the M9 is something they
are willing to pay in order to get the finest results in their work, I
am not able to say that.

It's not just the M9's price that I'm reacting to. It's the overall
jump. The new Noctilux and the 1.4 21mm and 24mm cost an arm and a leg.

Are we witnessing Leica as a cash cow--milk the market until it goes
dry?

I hope not.

The second Tri-Elmar certainly is not cheap, but it's three lenses in
one. One can concoct a rationale to buy it. If you look at the Zeiss
15mm for 3,000, the Tri-Elmar doesn't look that out of line.

We will have to see where Leica's pricing leads. In the time being, the
jump in prices certainly doesn't hurt the value of our used glass.

Top of the day to you all--Doug

Replies: Reply from hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] Leica prices)
Reply from joseph at yao.com (Joseph Yao) ([Leica] Leica prices)
Reply from shino at panix.com (Rei Shinozuka) ([Leica] Leica prices)