Subject: [Leica] Epson printers and profiles
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 19:38:35 -0500

There is a question I have wondered about.  Presently the only printer I
have with the ImagePrint RIP is a 2200.  I also have an R1800 with
third-party custom profiles.  In the silver darkroom, and in pt/pd printing,
one of the routines issues was that paper manufacturers would change
formulation from time to time.  The 3880 looks like a good answer for me.
But, ImagePrint costs about $900 or so when available for that printer but
does not constantly upgrade profiles.  Does anyone have direct experience
with a custom profile solution (not third-party) for around $1,000 that
gives good results, or is that unrealistic?  That way, when a new paper, or
batch of paper, came in one could make a new profile.  Thx for any help.

Ken