Subject: [Leica] A new Tri-Elmar soon ?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 14:57:58 -0400

> For it to be f2 it would be h-u-g-e and probably dearer than the
> Noctilux. It was apparently discontinued because they could not make a
> profit on it...
> Frank

f 4 I may be  my favorite f stop.
If I was the new Mr. Chang the first thing I would do would be to come out
with a complete line of f 4's.
Don't forget!
We don't have to LOOK THROUGH the darned things.
The focusing does not become less accurate;
The view less bright.

I like my glass lean and mean like a clean machine.
With a TINY front element
Flair free!!!

And inexpressive to make and buy.
Better quality for less money
If it gets dark I'll shoot at iso 1600 or more.

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from jbm at jbm.org (Jeff Moore) ([Leica] A new Tri-Elmar soon ?)