Subject: [Leica] Clarkson [was Re: Keith Floyd RIP]
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard Taylor)
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 10:55:44 -0400

Steve - Well, I don't know "Last of the Summer Wine" but if it's like
"Top Gear" with wine tastings, I get your point.  The pleasure I get
from the program may have something to do with having a minor interest
in cars, but to me it's mostly vicarious pleasure in watching three
guys having alot of fun with toys I'll certainly never get my hands on.

Clarkson uses a particular kind of academic locution I've heard quite
a bit of around M.I.T and Harvard, so it's not strange to me.  I'll
bet he's spent a lot of time in Oxford or Cambridge, UK.

Regards,

Dick