Subject: [Leica] R thoughts (was: Re: M9 thoughts!)
From: jnelon at netvigator.com (James R. Nelon)
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 23:40:05 -0400

I was intrigued with the DMR/cigar lighter discussion, so I got out my
version. And it doesn't fit. On one end, the big, black cigar-lighter-end
plugs correctly into my car's lighter. But the camera battery end of the
cigar recharger cable terminates in a plug that is 5 mm wide by 5 mm high
(including the polarity notch). The DMR battery recharge socket in the side
of the battery expects to see a three pin 7mm wide by 4 mm high plug. I have
re-read the DMR manual, but I've found nothing which might describe the
disparity - or offer a conversion or adaption. Nor can I find any socket
anywhere on my R8 to plug the 5 mm by 5 mm cigar lighter cable into. Can
anyone enlighten me? I'm going to be in the outer reaches of Orissa in India
soon, and we may have only car battery power on certain days. TIA.

Jim Nelon