Subject: [Leica] Leica x1
From: boklm at mars-attacks.org (nicolas vigier)
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 19:33:29 +0200

On Fri, 11 Sep 2009, Richard Taylor wrote:

> Mark - Ah, but will it focus on what you want it to focus on or bring some
> other point into perfect focus?  I sometimes have to half press the
> shutter
> button on my D300 a few times before the focus points settle where I want
> them to be.
>
> With an X1 and an optical finder you'll know when it's focused but not on
> what.  OTH, I'll bet that with an f2.8 lens and face recognition it won't
> matter.   It won't be like focusing a 50 Summilux on the near eye.  There
> only a rangefinder will do.

What would be nice is a focus button, or half press of the shutter
button, to lock the focus on the object in the center of the viewfinder.

I have a Sigma DP2. It's a very nice camera, it makes very good
pictures. The only problem I have with it, is focusing. Autofocus is
really bad, it doesn't focus right half of the time, especially with
little light, so I almost always have to use manual focus, which is
very slow because it has to be done on the screen.
That's why I'm thinking about selling it ...

I hope Leica will do it better.

--
http://n0x.org/

Replies: Reply from r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard Taylor) ([Leica] Leica x1)