Subject: [Leica] IMGS: Another Church In New Mexico
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 17:17:03 +1000

Hi Bob. Those Santuario ones work for me. Actually I especially like the
last with the couple in the foreground for story telling.
Obviously the 15 (even with cropped FoV) is going to give you distinctive
images anytime you have foreground objects much closer.  It can work really
well or it can get overdone maybe.  I'm just going through this learning
with my 18 too.
I guess I've come around to either making a dramatic perspective, if I have
worthy foreground object to showcase or going the other way and trying to
keep most of the shot at similar distances, that is the lens widenesss may
not be obvious at all.
Critiquing is hard, I always try to say what I think (and its just one
opinion) and like people to be as candid with my efforts. As always these
are just alternative points of view an you have to filter and evaluate their
worth for yourself!

--
Cheers
Geoff