Subject: [Leica] Leica Won't Improve Your Photography
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2009 11:56:25 -0700

Adam offered:
Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Won't Improve Your Photography
>>>There are some challenges to focusing an M - especially in an environment
with complex and confusing backgrounds. If the focus setting on the
lens isn't close to the actual focus one can think they have achieved
focus when, in fact, it's seriously out of focus.<<<<

Hi Adam,
I think this may have more to do with the user and using style?
I know what you mean about confusing bkgrds and hitting the focus point
against that kind of confusion. It can be without question a SOB! Here's a
little "trick?" I use.

Even in a quick action situations before the camera is at my eye I've
already picked my focus point, then as the camera comes to eye I know
exactly where to put the focus patch. Not sure if I'm describing this
correctly or not? But it works 99.9% of the time.  I started years ago using
this method where a confusing bkgrd was involved.

Maybe this is something that could work for others, it's worth a look and a
try.
cheers,
ted

Replies: Reply from abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] Leica Won't Improve Your Photography)