Subject: [Leica] NYT Article on Photographing F1
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2009 07:12:33 +0100

The guys he mentioned are friends of mine, I have known some of them
for decades and see them all at the races. In the old days I used to
carry film home for some of them since my flight may get home earlier
than theirs. There would be a motorcycle messenger waiting to take
them for processing.
Everyone -used- to be jealous of the photogs. Whilst they were under
pressure when we were running, they had pretty much nothing to do
other times, first for beach, bar, dinner etc while the others worked
till bedtime. No more, they hump laptops around and work all evening
just like everybody else! Digital is not all good!
Frank