Subject: [Leica] Leica Won't Improve Your Photography
From: leica at rcmckee.com (R. Clayton McKee)
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 22:45:25 -0500

Quoth the Doug Herr :

> Tina Manley wrote:
>
> > The prejudice against Leica is astounding to me.
>
> A lot of it is sour grapes.  Joe CaNikon doesn't grok so he disses
> it.

And, to be fair, there are an awful lot of non-LUG Leicaphiles who
are, shall we say, less than sterling examples of the kind of grace,
humility, and information-sharing that we've all become used to in
the saloon.

When Joe CaNikon's primary experience with Leica is that the average
user attached to the camera is an arrogant ass with more money than
eye and more attitude than ability....  he's not going to look fondly
on the camera.  Sure, it's an unfair transference, but it's not all
that unreasonable.

I love the lenses, I like the cameras, and I could drop a fair number
of users off a very high cliff without doubt, hesitation, or loss of
sleep... and, I suspect, at some considerable gain to the
photographic world.

Replies: Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] Leica Won't Improve Your Photography)
Reply from henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff) ([Leica] Leica Won't Improve Your Photography)
Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Leica Won't Improve Your Photography)