Subject: [Leica] M9 thoughts!
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 23:22:36 -0700

Ladies and Gentlemen,
You all are knocking yourselves out over a company that no longer produces
the best camera in the world. Lenses? YES without question! Digital and
marketing is far beyond their philosophy of life! Some of us are all
dedicated buyers & users in Leica for at least 50 years or more!

You have been for the past few days knocking yourselves out over this new M9
like it was the greatest thing since sliced bread! Yet here we see people
still beating on each other over things they have absolutely no control over
and if it were of great significance to Leica- Germany they'd have fixed it
first!

I'm not saying the M9 isn't a good camera, from what I've read it's great!
Is it farther advanced than the M8 as everyone expected? From what I'm
reading, I suppose it isn't.

However, I have an M8 that produces wonderful images of what I re-act to as
a photojournalist at a quality acceptable by my clients, therefore all the
worry wart M9 conversations which none of you have any control over are
quite frankly meaningless!

No matter how brilliant your suggestion is about the M9 it truly isn't going
any farther than the screen looking back at you right at this moment!
Besides if you are not going to purchase one? What the hell is the big deal
whether it's any good or not??? Carefully now, think about that for a moment
before you respond.

Quite frankly it makes no never mind to me one way or the other whether you
do or don't!
But  a lot of you could save a ton of your life span time doing more
productive things than babbling on about the M9! Which as I said... "your
suggestions will have absolutely no meaning to the people in Germany at
all!"  NADA!!!

No no, please don't come back with some idiotic thing about they read this
site daily and it does influence them! If you truly believe that, then pigs
do fly and chickens do whatever crossing the road!

And yes I'll probably have one later before sooner!:-)

Dr. ted

Replies: Reply from hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] M9 thoughts!)
Message from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Leica x1 @ PopFlash)
Message from hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] Leica x1 @ PopFlash)