Subject: [Leica] Leica Trica
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 17:37:10 -0700

>> Curious as to "why"
>> you feel the digital
>> "is" your best work.

Mark Rabiner offered in response:
>>> Because I'm an older, smarter wiser nicer person than I was in my 30's
>>> and
> 40's. And like you shooting digital just makes for better shots.
> 1. You shoot more.
> 2. You see what you're doing as you're doing it.
> You have more control over the color and tonality of the final image.
> By say about 1000 times.<<<<<<<

Hi Mark,
Like you I appreciate shooting now far more than I have over the years of
film, even though I'm not shooting the heavy duty assignments I did. But
everything I do thee days on assignment is so much easier and relaxing with
a digital camera, I wish it were available 40 or more years ago.
Maybe it's the years of what always seemed never ending projects and
assignments all over the world and the pressures of them, carting thousands
of rolls of film and always worried about if everything was working because
you never saw any of it until you returned to home base was always a
concern.

The fact we can with a quick glance at the back screen confirm we're doing
OK and something is there has a great deal to do with the comfort feelings
of today.

ted

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Leica Trica)