Subject: [Leica] Annie's in trouble again
From: pklein at threshinc.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Sun, 06 Sep 2009 18:04:02 -0700

Folks, there is another possible explanation for this.  Famous people
get sued all the time.  People are constantly suing pop musicians
claiming that they actually wrote the latest hit song that made billions
and billions of dollars, and are entitled to all that money.  Usually
such claims are without merit. Often they are settled just to make the
suing party go away.

The timing of the suit is suspicious:  Just a couple of weeks before
Annie L. is due to pay up the financial concern that consolidated her
debts, or forfeit all her NYC property and her entire catalog of works.
Despite the fact that the calendar has been out for a long time, and
generated a lot of publicity when it came out.  Why didn't he sue then?
Isn't it possible that the Italian photographer saw a chance to jump on
the gravy train when Annie probably has neither the time, money or
energy to travel to Italy to defend herself. It looks like he's hoping
either for a default judgment or a settlement.

We haven't seen the Italian's original photos, compared with Annie's
calendar composites.  Nor do we know what his contract with Annie
specified.

--Peter

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] Annie's in trouble again)