Subject: [Leica] Richard Avedon's work
From: leowesson at gmail.com (Leo Wesson)
Date: Sun, 6 Sep 2009 10:19:09 -0700

I have a friend who was a third assistant w avedons studio. One of his
jobs was to chop up avedons reject prints.

I remember seeing contact sheets of his work somewhere, maybe the
contact series of books, and realizing that part of his brilliance was
his skill at editing.  Also very interesting is looking at contacts
with dodge/burn notes on them.

I think for the most part, his sitters didn't expect for dick to shoot
a photo that they would like.

Leo Wesson
photographer?videographer
leo at leowesson.com