Subject: [Leica] PESO: Counter Encounter
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2009 20:12:39 -0400

> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/focusit/counter+encounter+sm.jpg.html
>

> Leica M3, Summilux 50, Plus-X
>

> Jim Shulman
>
> Wynnewood, PA

I wouldn't mind seeing more of the shot in deep focus.
Few street shooters shoot slower films for that reason.
I'm more an f8 and be there kind of street shooter with a Leica. Unless I
was shooting some cutting edge modern lens then I'd see what it could do
wide open a bit. Here and there.
An old Summilux 50 will show you all its wonderful faults wide open.
But measured in  tens of pixels I wonder what's the point?

I love shooting from the hip knowing I' ve got a definite area in front of
me in focus. Zone focusing in other words. So I can just shoot and get it.

Mark William Rabiner