Subject: [Leica] How to make coffee
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 04:10:11 -0400

> Dear All,
>
> Glad you were amused by the story.  Yes, Tina, I remember coffee being
> ground on a metate in the highlands of Guatemala and the mountains of
> Oaxaca
> from when I lived in Central America in the mid seventies.  Now that my
> supply of coffee is finished I am unsure as to whether to hope the plant
> will flower again before I need my next espresso or get the stuff the
> conventional way!  The pestle and mortar I usually use for grinding spices
> for Indian cuisine, which may have imparted a certain je ne sait qua to the
> coffee!
>
> All the best,
>
> John

New York City is famous for being so expensive.
In Portland Oregon I paid over ten bucks a pound.
Here I pay five.

Grinding it with a mortar and pastel sure seems niftier than hitting it to
death with my little dull red Kitchenaid  grinder. With blades you can't
sharpen.

cx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51sunN04%2BWL._AA280_.gif

Mark William Rabiner