Subject: [Leica] Mountain pictures: Vanoise
From: boklm at mars-attacks.org (nicolas vigier)
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2009 01:39:05 +0200

On Sun, 30 Aug 2009, Ted Grant wrote:

> Nicolas showed:
> Subject: [Leica] Mountain pictures: Vanoise
>

> > I sent earlier some pictures from streets of Barcelona at night. Now
> > something different, some pictures from the mountains :
> > http://n0x.org/pg/vanoise_200908/
>
> Hello Nicolas,
> Well done mon ami, well done! :-)
>
> The strongest photographs are those with a strong foreground, something
> strong to lead the eye into the frame.
> A few have wide grass areas that do not add to the picture. There are some
> with "sheep?" in the foreground that make the photograph very strong.
> Over all? A fine mountain shoot!

Thanks !
I try to include something in the foreground when I can. But not always
possible.

A few years ago I took this picture :
http://www.flickr.com/photos/boklm/3022820096/sizes/l/
I think it is quite strong. With the Mont Blanc in the background.

> Please keep your pictures coming as I'm sure everyone enjoys them as much
> as I do.

Thanks. I'm happy to see some people enjoying them.
Actually there are quite a few pictures that I took and are waiting for
scan. In my TODO list I have :
 - pictures from an other part of the alps, where I spent a few days in
   August. This is one of the pictures I took with my digital camera :
   http://www.flickr.com/photos/boklm/3831655536/sizes/l/
   also including a night in a very old refuge, it reminded me of an old
   chalet I went to during summer when I was young. The refuge was a very
   nice place to visit, I hope the pictures will be good too.
 - pictures from Barcelona by day
 - pictures from the alps in may 2009. One of them I have already
   scanned :
   http://www.flickr.com/photos/boklm/3853229751/sizes/l/
 - various pictures I took while walking in Paris. One of them :
   http://www.flickr.com/photos/boklm/3692008150/sizes/l/
 - and I also need to try to improve the pictures from Barcelona at
   night regarding darkness, I didn't have time today

Hopefully, some of them will be interesting :)

Nicolas
--
http://n0x.org/

Replies: Reply from philippe.amard at sfr.fr (Philippe Amard) ([Leica] Mountain pictures: Vanoise)