Subject: [Leica] G'day from and overcast Ballarat
From: afirkin at afirkin.com (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 23:43:21 -0400

g'day all,
Helen and I have returned from Kakadu and Arnhem land. It was a 2 week
camping
trip punctuated by wonderful scenes, fabulous bird life, crocs, and a few
insects. I am working on a few images to show why Doug is the "birdman" ;-)

I hear there are rumours of an M9. I have just been invited to the Melbourne
release of the S2 next week. Should be fun, and there was a "hint" there may
be
another announcement on the evening. Sadly Sydney will know before we do ;-)

The R9 DMR ploughs on. My new batteries are working well and my lenes are
great.
I remain very sad about the demise of the R system. Perhaps I will have to go
into home handyman mode and create an update for the DMR ;-)

cheers from Ballarat

Alastair Firkin
www.afirkin.com