Subject: [Leica] Heads-Up Inre Spyder 3 Pro on MacBook Air & Power PC iMac
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard Taylor)
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 22:54:51 -0400

I just finished restoring my MacBook Air from backup following
installation of the latest version of the Spyder 3 Pro software
(3.1.1).  It screwed up something in the display software big time
from which I was not able to recover otherwise.  I also have not been
able to get the Spyder 3 Pro installation disc to work at all on my
PowerPC iMac.  I'm running the current version of the Mac OS (10.5.8)
on both.

I haven't had a chance to talk to Datacolor about this yet but wanted
to give you a heads up.

Spyder 2 Pro does a fine job on the iMac and my MacBook Pro though it
doesn't work well on, that is it seems to miscalibrate, the Air.  The
Spyder 3 Pro software that came on the installation disc did work on
the Air but miscalibrated it, too.

If any of you have a fix for these issues I'd like to hear what you
did.  I'll get in touch with Datacolor, too, and let you know what I
learn.

Thanks.

Regards,

Dick