Subject: [Leica] M8 and CV Nokton 35/1.4 examples?
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (TED GRANT)
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 13:38:26 -0700

Nathan Wajsman offered:
Subject: Re: [Leica] M8 and CV Nokton 35/1.4 examples?
To: Leica Users Group <lug at leica-users.org>

> I can second the performance of the 1.2/35mm--I am very pleased
> with it, and many of my recent PAWs and PADs have been shot with it.
> It is? my largest M lens, but still a lot smaller than a Noctilux.<<<<<<<<<

Hi Nathan,
Actually I bought my 35 f 1.2 NOKTON because it was as close to the Noctilux
I could find! F 1.0 and F1.2! They supported each other. The 35 f 1.2 NOKTON
is truly an amazing lens and it shows up even more so when on the M8!
Where I had the Noctilux as my carry a round always attached to an M film
camera type whatever, the NOKTON? has become my wear it on the M8 all the
time lens!:-)
As sharp as a new razor blade and without question extremely easy to
focus!!!!! Not to forget mine is as sharp and crispy looking as all get out!
I'd match it with any Leica lens of similar production.
Hey sometimes this happens with other manufactures other than Leica, they
hit a gem of a lens at about a 1/4 the price of a Leica lens so why not run
with it as long as it's cutting images the way you like your images to look?
Sure price is always a factor, certainly now as my career winds down
compared to when I was shooting and wished I could clone myself there were
so many assignments offered! During those years I never asked how much it
was... "Do you have and if not, how soon can you get it?" was always the
question. About any Leica lens I felt would give me the edge over other
photojournalists. Great life and times they were! :-)
Those were the days not likely ever to be seen again by the young shooters
of today! :-( Pity!
Dr. ted :-)

?

Replies: Reply from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] M8 and CV Nokton 35/1.4 examples?)